By Annliese Nef
The "Companion to Medieval Palermo" deals a landscape of the heritage of Medieval Palermo from the 6th to the 15th century.
Read or Download A Companion to Medieval Palermo PDF
Similar history books
From an across the world well known specialist, this is an obtainable and totally attention-grabbing one-volume heritage of the Crusades, thrillingly instructed in the course of the reviews of its many players—knights and sultans, kings and poets, Christians and Muslims. Jonathan Phillips lines the origins, enlargement, decline, and end of the Crusades and reviews on their modern echoes—from the mysteries of the Templars to the bleak fact of al-Qaeda.
In towns, the acclaimed historian John Reader takes us on a trip of the cityfrom its earliest instance within the historical close to East to today’s teeming facilities of compressed life, akin to Mumbai and Tokyo. towns are domestic to part the planet’s inhabitants and eat approximately three-quarters of its common assets.
The american citizens lagged at the back of their ecu contemporaries in army aviation within the overdue Nineteen Thirties, and it took the conflict of england to evoke an remoted the United States to the need of getting plane that may shield goals opposed to night assault by means of bomber plane. With the aid of the RAF, the significance of making this sort of really good fighter strength used to be given best precedence.
- The Russian Cosmists: The Esoteric Futurism of Nikolai Fedorov and His Followers
- The Sultan's Shadow: One Family's Rule at the Crossroads of East and West
- Japanese Army in World War II: ''The South Pacific and New Guinea, 1942-43''
- Futility & sacrifice: The Canadians on the Somme, 1916
Extra info for A Companion to Medieval Palermo
217. Registrum, IX, 67; IX, 83. The foundation’s Palermitan properties could be accounted for by the incorporation into the patrimony of the Valerii of the properties of the Maesii, an important family from western Sicily. Indeed, a sarcophagus attests the unions which existed between the two gentes: Bivona, “Panormo romana,” p. 267 and Livia Bivona, “Note sulla gens Maesia nella Sicilia occidentale,” in Philias Charin, Miscellanea di studi classici in onore di E. Manni (Rome, 1980), II, pp. 233–42.
It was a question of direct payments to those having rights to the fiscal resources required in the context of the annona. 79 The private foundations continued to pay their taxes, John P. Thomas, Private Religious Foundations in the Byzantine Empire, Dumbarton Oaks Studies 24 (Washington DC, 1987), p. 57, p. 73 and pp. 80–83. There are numerous instances in Sicily of properties held in common, with, as a consequence, a shared fiscal responsibility. 80 Antonino Salinas, “Sigilli diplomatici italo-greci,” Periodico di numismatica e sfragistica per la storia d’Italia 6 (1874), pp.
Jh,” Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik 67 (1987), 207–214. 59 The seal is in a very poor state of repair. Johann Peter Kirch, “Altchristliche Bleisiegel des Museo Nazionale zu Neapel,” Römische Quartalschrift für christliche Alterthumskunde und für Kirchengeschichte 6 (1892), p. 326. , “Bulles,” in Dictionnaire d’antiquités chrétiennes et de liturgie, II, p. 1342, fig. 1732. palermo in the eastern roman empire 21 Registrum regarding the survival of the curia. We must therefore proceed with care here.
A Companion to Medieval Palermo by Annliese Nef